My keyboard stopped working after it got spilled on (water damage). What should I do?
It appears that water has entered the PCB (Printed Circuit Board), causing the issue with your keyboard. To resolve this, we recommend following these steps:
- Disconnect and prepare the keyboard: Unplug the keyboard from any power source and carefully remove all the switches and keycaps in the affected area. It would be best if the keyboard could be completely disassembled. This will allow better access to the PCB for drying.
- Dry the affected area: Use an electric hairdryer on a low heat setting to gently dry the affected area of the PCB. It’s important to maintain a safe distance between the hairdryer and the keyboard to prevent excessive heat. Ensure thorough drying without overheating the keyboard.
- Clean any residue or moisture: After drying, use a dry cloth or microfiber cloth to gently clean any remaining residue or moisture from the keyboard. This will help remove any potential watermarks or debris.
- Ensure complete drying: It’s crucial to ensure that the keyboard is completely dry before reconnecting it to any power source. Even small amounts of moisture can cause further damage or malfunctions.
Please exercise caution when using the hairdryer and make sure to keep it at a safe distance to prevent any harm to the keyboard. If the issue persists after following these steps, please let us know, and we will provide further assistance in resolving the problem.